You may have wondered about the “buzz” of essential oils and whether they can make a difference in your life. Looking at a typical day, I’d like to share how using essential oils — one drop at a time — can make each day the best. We know that yoga and meditation helps us to feel alive, balanced and strong. Add essential oils to your day, and it’s an all-spa day!
A Morning Ritual
- Take 3 minutes (yes, just 3 minutes) for a your Morning Meditation.
- Before breakfast, prepare a glass of warm water with a drop of lemon or peppermint to clear the palette and mental “cobwebs” and bring a feeling of focus and lightness.
- Create an uplifting aura for greater focus and energy while you prepare breakfast by diffusing a wild orange and peppermint blend or a combination of lavender, rosemary and lemon.
- A drop of eucalyptus oil on the throat and chest before a morning shower/bath stimulates the sinuses and lungs while protecting these important passageways from exposure to viral and bacterial infections throughout our day.
- Apply frankincense before moisturizing your face will stimulate collagen and reduce wrinkles. It gives your skin a certain glow and brightness to start out the day.
Getting Ready to Take on Your Day
- Apply drops of your favorite balancing oil to your wrists and at the nape of your neck. Lavender is the well-known go-to oil for emotional balance, but you may want to explore some of the special blends designed for what you need at the start of the day. I love the crisp and pure essence of Young Living Oils and here are the blends I found most helpful (in parentheses the single essential oils of each blend are listed).
- Valor (spruce, blue tansy, frankincense)— an empowering blend for strength, courage, and protection that supports energy alignment. Whether your schedule is daunting or you’re about to undertake a new challenge and negotiations with clients, colleagues and family, it’s the go-to oil blend for everyday.
Other essential oils for your day:
- Grounding (white fir, spruce, ylang ylang, pine, cedarwood, angelica, juniper) — you’re facing a major decision or having to deal with multiple demands from family, friends and work, this blend helps you cope with reality in a positive manner.
- Abundance (Orange, frankincense, patchouli, clove, ginger, myrrh, cinnamon and spruce)— when you’re interviewing for a new job, expanding your business or looking for ways to create more meaning in your life, reach for this essential oil blend opens opens us to a wealth of possibilities.
Throughout Your Day
- Take along a spray atomizer with a purifying essential oil: tree tea, frankincense, myrrh, or eucalyptus. A little spritz will protect you from environmental toxins and those pesky germs that lead to colds and flu. Use it at the gym, in the office, on the subway or anywhere you encounter groups and crowds of people.
- Keep a small bottle of peppermint in your handbag to refresh your breath. Just place one drop on your tongue and allow the soothing aroma clear your breath and energize your mind.
- Keep lavender and other stress reduction oils (my favorite is Young Living Stress Away) handy so they can be applied as your day becomes more hectic and you need to renew a sense of peace and well-being.
- And, when you find yourself dealing with difficult people and situations, reach out for bergamot, ylang ylang or White Angelica to stimulate inner strength while helping to guard against negative energy.
Watch for the next blog posting End of Your Day: Overcome Stress and Sleep Through the Night.
Important links regarding Essential Oils: