YogaUnbound for Wellness focuses on the physical and emotional conditions of our well-being by combining aromatherapy, yoga and meditation. From common aches and pains to chronic diseases and emotional setbacks, mind/body practices help to restore our equilibrium and relieve the effects and symptoms of constantly doing, over-achieving and aging. The combined therapies work together to:
- Reduce cortisol levels (stress hormone) and increase serotonin (feel good hormone), and improves resistance to stress and infection
- Improve respiration, circulation, and hormonal system function
- Reduce insomnia, headaches and digestive disorders
- Relieve headaches and insomnia; reduce pain and impact of osteoporosis
- Support recovery from cancer and heart disease
Modern life can over stimulate us creating anxiety and stress that can lead to disorders like fatigue and insomnia. Combining the healing of yoga and the quiet awareness of meditation to slow down, we can find our own personal levels of good health.
Mind/body interventions have been shown to decrease the frequency and intensity of medical symptoms and improve patient disease management.
- Between 60-90% of healthcare visits are related to mind/body stress-induced conditions.
Conditions caused or exacerbated by stress include:
- Hypertension; Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Chronic Pain
- Insomnia; Anxiety; Depression
- Premenstrual Syndrome; Infertility